It’s my birthday, well not actually today its tomorrow… but why not celebrate all weekend! Since this is a big birthday for me, I want my outfit to describe just that. I knew I need to go all out for this look. For the nights when I’m just laying in my bed not being able to sleep I tend to go through my emails (I am that person with 300 + emails unopened or read), I stumble across Windsor new arrivals email and there it was. For years I will always wonder if I will ever find J.Lo inspire green and blue dress. I think every girl has fallen in love with that dress! Who would of thought I will find this a piratical dupe? I automatically knew this was dress for my birthday. This dress had a lower v neckline than I was comfortable with, a quick trip to my tailor and its prefect for my big day!
I try my best to be as open and honest about myself in my little online space. Even so, there are things you may not know about me. Things I would love for you know and maybe this way you can understand who I am as a person. Since I am turning 30 tomorrow, I figured I would share 30 things you may not know about me
- I was born and raise in the south bronx. I always love going back home and visiting. There is nothing like . I know some people may not find a big city to be relaxing, but it honestly chills me out.
- My First Language was Spanish, which quickly went to spanglish. I am still in my spanglish stage. My sentence may start in English and I will through in some Spanish to the mix 😉
- I am Latina! My parents are from Puerto Rico, Ponce and Cidra.
- I have 6 slibilings; 5 brothers and 1 sister.
- My favorite drink in the whole wide world is Seltzer Water! I know some people just can’t drink it, but mama over here buys in bulk. Some people like a good cup of coffee, I go for a refreshing lemon and lime seltzer.
- Eventhough I don’t like coffee (yes, I know.. crazy crazy) I actually can not have caffeine in my diet for health reasons.
- Never been to the west coast. Every year while planning vacation, this is always in my bucket list
- Anxiety. I have suffer from anxiety for about 3 years now. This problem literally came out of no where. I didn’t even realize I had it for about a year. I remember being so embarrassed telling people about it. Not only because I didn’t want to be label as the girl who goes through nervous breakdown, but also because I didn’t’ want someone else to worry. Let’s just say I worry enough. But the more I was be open about my struggles, the easier it became to deal with it. After 3 years, I can’t say I am all better, because I still go through it, but I pay attention to my triggers.
- I thought I will only be a mama to girls. I remember freaking out when I found out I was having a boy. I use to say, I really don’t know what boys like. But I am happy god gave me a my little man. He is all about his mama and is the easiest out of my kids (hopefully the girls won’t see this!) Girls can sometimes be all about drama #dramamamas I am happy at least someone isn’t
- I am co-owner of Bella V Boutique and a personal stylist. Who would of thought my dream job will be my reality? Nothing makes me more happy than helping girls looking feel their best!
- Red or white. I am usually a red wine type of girl.
- Picky Eater. Ha if you only knew! You would think what I eat is for a toddler, but no.. its for me! There is a small group of foods I like and I don’t mind eating the something over and over.
- Scared of doing videos. By scared I mean I rather get hit by a bus than to record myself talking on a FB live. If you follow Bella V Boutique on social media networks you’ll know my partner usually takes over our videos. I think just like everyone… I don’t like the way I sound. Plus, I am so nervous my spanglish will take over and no one will know what I am talking about.
- I am allergic to dogs! I will get hives, itchy and my eyes water up. Basically a hot mess
- Meet Rico, my little doggie (down below).
- Love Hallmark movies. It’s cheesy, predictable, but sometimes I need a little bit of unrealistic love stories in my life.
- I am a mom of three; Des 12, Lola 8 and Tonio 7 years old.
- Teen Mom. I became a mom at 17 years old. A baby, having a baby. Nothing could of prepare me for the life I had coming ahead of me. Having Des made me so focus to accomplish my goals, because it wasn’t just for me but for her also. I grew up quickly, but I honestly wouldn’t of have it any other way 🙂
- Nursery Rhymes. I know one and its twinkle twinkle little star. I usually make up my own in spanglish. But one night I was trying to sing 5 little monkeys to my baby girl and it went something like this….5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell down and broke his neck, mama called the doctor and doctor said, no more monkeys jumping on the bed. I have officially traumatized my kids. The Christmas after this incident my husband bought me a nursery rhyme book hahaha!!!!!!
- I own 28 nude lipsticks. 28 my friends. Who does that?
- I love going to the beach. The atmosphere, the sound of the waves crashing, the sea salt smell in the air. I love it! But I have no idea how to swim.
- My favorite phrase… “I need a vaca!” But can you blame me?
- Pet Peeve. Indecisive people!! I can’t stand it. 1st yes I go over my options or outcome for my choices, but I am the type of person who needs answer. It’s either yes or no, blue or green.
- Gardening. Over the past few years I have enjoy gardening. I love seeing something I create grow. But if I am going to be 100% honest, I really don’t know what I am doing!
- No Speaker Phone. I am that person you just don’t put on speaker, you may never know what comes out of my mouth. I sometimes surprise myself.
- If I could pick one place all over the world to live, it will be Miami. A city and a beach all in one. Plus, great food and yes babes… awesome shopping!
- Sports. The only sport I will watch and actually understand, its baseball. Yankees fan!
- I usually wear heels everyday.
- I worked in the medical field years ago.
- Can’t stand chokers. I don’t like the feeling of something so tight to my neck. If I do wear one, I make sure it’s a little loose.
So, how I feel about turning30? Well, I have different thoughts! I feel like it’s suppose to be normal that you’ll be miserable as heck, spending your big day in your bed. Which don’t get me wrong, spending a day cozy in your bed doing nothing is a great idea. But the fact that I’m suppose be in bed… crying my eyes out, that I don’t know. When I think of girls in their 30’s, I think of an empowering women, she knows who is she and there ain’t nobody that can say otherwise! What girl doesn’t want that type of perception? Walking into this decade with a different type of mentality!! Cheers to the weekend,
<!– end InLinkz script —>