*Thank you TOBI for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*
One dress that you always see me rock during the winter months is a sweater dress. The cozier the better! Its like walking with a blanket, specially if your always cold like me 😉 Some people may not go for sweater dresses, because honestly how many different way can you style your sweater dresses? Does it even seem like a smart purchase? But its all about the nature of knowing how to maximize your closet!! How to style one item different ways. There are ways to style these dresses other than the typical with boots or booties every single time… it all starts with playing a little dress up and adding different items to change things around.
- Monochromatic looks are always a fun way to play with your winter wardrobe. Some may go for the typical all black look, but why not go for the darker winter colors like I did? This cozy, cold shoulder wine dress is my choice for a winter monochromatic look. Wine is a winter color that will always be trending and looks amazing on some many different skin tones!
2. Change the shoe game! The options are seriously endless… OTK boots, booties, flats, slip on sneakers, pumps and the list goes on and on!
3. Add a statement piece. Of course I will say this 😉 I literally live off my statement earrings!!
4. Bring out those stylish blanket scarfs!
5. Adding outwear can transform your sweater dress, from boring to sassy, by adding texture to your look. Whether you go for a classical trench or a fun faux fur jacket, either way, its a great way to get more use out of your sweater dresses!
6. You don’t always have a wear a sweater dress as a dress 🙂 Another way to style your sweater dress this winter is by adding bottoms. I love seeing women rock that dress over jeans look! I think its super chic and fun. For this style, I went with a loose fit olive sweater dress. Since I am wearing skinny jeans, you can go for a loose fitted dress.
7. Add a belt. Sometimes sweater dresses can create a boxy look. We never want that!! I went with a wide belt to create an hourglass figure.
Both of my sweater dresses are from Tobi and I am pleased with not only their selection in different styles and colors but also how well made they are! I can’t stand those sweater dresses that with one wash they either completely loose their shape or you will end up with tons of pilling!!
Whats your favorite way to style your sweater dresses? Do you go for a monochromatic look or dress it up with jeans?
Any plans for the weekend? I really don’t really have any plans other than date night tonight and catching up on work. To be quite honest I need a weekend like this!! I’ve had such a long, busy week that all I want is to stay home. Hope you guys have a great weekend,
Sweater Dress: Tobi // Boots: Target // Trench Coat: thredUP // Clutch: Local Boutique // Earrings: Charming Charlie (not online) – similar // Ring: Macy’s (not online) – loving this one // Lips: Bare Minerals
Dress Over Jeans
Jacket: JcPenny (not online) – similar // Sweater Dress: Tobi // Jeans: Nana Macs // Belt: New York & Co. – obsessed with this one // Stockings: Bella V Mobile Boutique // Heels: thredUP // Earrings: aaRaa (sold-out) – similar // Lips: Bare Minerals
<!– end InLinkz script —>